The following is a republished press release…to submit a community announcement, email Peter Blanchard at [email protected].
[do_widget id= text-6 ]
CORTLAND, N.Y. – The CNY Living History Center in Cortland, NY, will host a Train Day on October 24.
In addition to our extensive collection of local railroad memorabilia and model trains, we will have several special exhibits, tours and talks. At 1:00, Gene Enders speaking on “CNY Railroads” in the Auditorium. From 11:00 – 12:00 & again from 3:00 – 4:00, James Bugh will demonstrate electric model trains and answer questions.
We will have extra docents prepared to discuss:
– History of CNY train stations and railroad companies
– Who was Phoebe Snow?
– Which features of our operational model train have local meaning
– The joy of collecting & running model trains and sharing them with others
Additionally, we will have some unique model train components such as an icebreaker and a “cab forward” on special display.
For kids and families:
– Thomas the Tank Engine, Polar Express and Harry Potter model trains
– Our replica of the front end of Engine #2107 (pictured above) is a great background for pictures...bring, buy or borrow an engineer cap!
– Craft activities
Food concession will have two dining options—Pullman “Fine” Dining or “Hobo” style.
The CNY Living History Center is located at 4386 US Route 11, 1/4 mile southwest of I-81, exit 12; look for the train out front!
[do_widget id= text-7 ]