CORTLAND, N.Y. – Police have charged a Cortlandville man with multiple felonies, including attempted vehicular assault, in connection with an incident that took place in the parking lot of the Cortland County Courthouse Monday morning.
[do_widget id= text-6 ]
David J. Southwick, 45, of 1714 Babcock Hollow Road in Cortlandville, had just attended a family court hearing with his ex-wife prior to Monday's incident.
He then got into his pickup truck and attempted to strike his ex-wife, hitting several vehicles in the process, according to police.
At least two of the cars Southwick struck were occupied, police said.
Southwick was quickly taken into custody by the Cortland County Sheriff's Department shortly before 10 a.m. Monday.
Southwick faces the following charges:
– attempted vehicular assault (felony)
– second-degree criminal mischief (8 felony counts)
– third-degree criminal mischief (5 felony counts)
– reckless endangerment (2 felony counts)
– endangering the welfare of a child (misdemeanor)
– assault (misdemeanor)
Southwick is expected to be arraigned on the charges in Cortland City Court on Wednesday.
[do_widget id= text-7 ]