Firefighters extinguish chimney fire in Virgil

VIRGIL N.Y. — Several fire departments were called to a reported chimney fire in Virgil Friday morning.


Widget not in any sidebars

At around 9 a.m., the Virgil Fire Department was called to a home at 2960 South Cortland Virgil Road for a chimney that had caught on fire.

When firefighters arrived, light smoke was exiting the chimney, according to Virgil Fire Chief Jereme Stiles.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney, Stiles said.

The City of Cortland Fire Department and the Cortlandville Fire Department also responded to the scene.


Widget not in any sidebars