On Friday, Feb. 16, SUNY Cortland student-athletes will help raise money for the Cortland Loaves and Fishes food pantry during the second annual "Red Dragons Support Cortland" night at the College's men's and women's basketball and men's ice hockey games. The women's basketball team hosts Geneseo at 5:30 p.m., followed by the men's basketball game versus Geneseo at 7:30 p.m., and men's ice hockey hosts Plattsburgh at 7 p.m., all in the Park Center.
For more than 30 years, Loaves and Fishes, a volunteer driven charity, has been providing free, nutritious meals to disadvantaged families.
To raise money to support Loaves and Fishes, the following activities are planned during Friday's games:
1) Long Sleeve T-shirt sale
2) "Chuck a Puck" contest at the rink (winner receives 1-night stay at the Hampton Inn)
3) "Chuck a Duck" contest in the gym (winner receives a 1-night stay at the Country Inn & Suites)
4) Wheel of Prizes ($1 per spin, everyone wins!)
5) Non-perishable food items will be taken in lieu of ticket sales
6) Drop-off points for non-perishable food items
Also, Cortland Athletics is looking for sponsors to make cash donations for goals, 3-pointers and dunks.
If any sponsors are interested in participating, please reach out to assistant athletic director Jaclyn Lawrence at Jaclyn.Lawrence@cortland.edu or 607-753-4923.