Cortland Area Police Blotter | Friday, November 30, 2018

Cincinnatus man accused of stealing Xbox

Name: John H Turshman, 26, of 5247 Conrad Road, Cincinnatus
Charges: First-degree falsifying business records, a felony, and criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor
Details: Turshmans sold a stolen Xbox 360 video game console at about 4:30 p.m. Monday to the Pawn Boss at 16 Main Street, according to city police. The Xbox was burglarized from a city residence and reported to city police, said Lt. Rick Troyer. An arrest warrant was issued Monday and Turshman was arrested at 6:20 p.m. Thursday after a police investigation, Troyer said. Turshman was released to appear Dec. 7 in City Court, police said.

Homer man charged with DWI, speeding

Name: Robert W. Rumsey, 46, of Homer
Charges: Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs and two counts of seventh-degree Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, misdemeanors.
Rumsey crashed his vehicle at about 11 a.m. Sunday into the center median of Interstate 81 in Cortlandville, according to state police. Rumsey was released into the custody of a sober person and is set to appear Dec. 10 in Cortlandville Town Court.

Homer man charged with DWI, speeding

Name: Kevin J. Reese, 27, of Homer
Charges: Driving while intoxicated as a first offense and operating a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol content at or above 0.08 percent, misdemeanors; speeding in excess of 55 miles per hour, a traffic infraction.
Details: Reese was arrested at 1:57 this morning on North West Street in Homer, according to state police.

Cortland man sentenced on drug possession charge

Name: Matthew J. Cochran, 28, of Cortland
Charges: Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a misdemeanor
Details: Cochran was arrested on June 26, 2018, after New York State Parole Officers made a visit to his home on Charles Street. Cochran was found to be in possession of bath salts, heroin, marijuana, hydrocodone and Suboxone. He was sentenced Thursday in Cortland County Court to three years in state prison with two years of post-release supervision, a court official said.