City firefighters respond to kitchen fire at Wild Ginger

City firefighters respond Thursday afternoon to a kitchen fire at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion, 47 Main St.

A fire in the ductwork of Wild Ginger Asian Fusion was extinguished about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday by the Main Street restaurant’s fire-suppressant system, according to the City Fire Department.

Firefighters responded with four trucks and investigated to ensure the fire in the exhaust system was fully out, climbing to the roof of the 47 Main St. eatery.

No one was injured in the fire, said Deputy Chief Wayne Friedman.

The fire was likely caused by droplets of cooking grease, smoke and heat being drawn into the exhaust system and accumulating, Friedman said.

The Health Department was contacted and will clear the restaurant for cleanliness and repair before the eatery can reopen, he said.