MARATHON— A sweep of liquor, gas stations and convenience stores this week in the County yielded one arrest for selling alcohol to a teen, according to state police.
A plain clothes trooper accompanied by underage operatives tried to purchase alcohol at 12 stores Tuesday in Homer, Cortlandville, Virgil and Marathon, according to a Thursday news release.
The underage operatives presented their actual identifications, did not lie about their age or provide a false date of birth, state police said.
One 18-year-old woman working with the Underage Drinking Initiative bought alcohol at Gregg’s Super Market at 28 Cortland St. in Marathon, according to the release. Employee Kimberly B. Duba, 20, of Marathon, was arrested for misdemeanor prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage, according to the state police blotter. Duba was issued a ticket to appear Jan. 15 in Marathon Town Court.
The eleven stores that did not sell alcohol to the underage operatives were:
- Speedway - 21 South West Street Homer NY
- Walgreens - 3948 West Road Cortland NY 13045
- Rite Aid - 1067 State Route 222 Cortland, NY
- Discount Liquors - 1112 State Route 22 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 3947 State Route 281 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 2964 Webb Road Cortland, NY
- Kwik Fill - 1057 State Route 13 Cortland, NY
- Cortland Beer Depot - 1134 State Route 13 Cortland, NY
- Sunoco - 3817 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
- Speedway - 3798 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
- Pit Stop - 3742 US Route 11 McGraw, NY
A manager for Gregg’s Market Place could not be immediately reached this morning.