Healing Cortland and Cortland Prevention Resources will be holding a drive-through medication disposal event throughout Cortland County on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The event will commence at 9 a.m. Disposal locations are as follows:
- Cincinnatus Fire Department (5722 Telephone Rd.) – 9 a.m. to Noon
- Homer Town Hall (31 N. Main St.) – 9 a.m. to Noon
- Marathon Village Green (1 Park St.) – 9 a.m. to Noon
- Cortlandville Fire Station (999 Rt. 13) – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
According to information on the event, participants can turn in “unused, unneeded or expired” medications for “safe, free and anonymous disposal.”
There will be a supervision collection of all medication, including:
- Controlled Substances
- Non-prescription drugs
- Pet medications
- Over-the-counter medications
Mercury thermometers (or other mercury products) and other hazardous waste will not be accepted.
For more information, go to healingcortland.org/disposal.