Local restaurant causes stomach illness outbreak

The Cortland County Health Department is alerting residents of an outbreak of Campylobacteriosis among people who ate at Wild Ginger, Main St., Cortland, between 10/18/2019 and 10/31/2019.  Seven people have tested positive as testing continues. Campylobacteriosis is an infectious disease caused by Campylobacter bacteria.  Symptoms can include diarrhea (often bloody), fever, and abdominal cramps.  The diarrhea may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.  These symptoms usually start within 2 to 5 days after exposure and last about a week.  Some infected people do not have any symptoms. Although people with Campylobacter infection usually recover on their own, some need medical … Continue reading Local restaurant causes stomach illness outbreak