A special thank you goes to Visions Federal Credit Union for partnering with us to provide the greater Cortland County community with additional sports coverage
Here are some local high school varsity sports recaps from Tuesday’s events:
Varsity Track & Field: Cincinnatus vs. Multiple Teams (Section III Class D Championships)
The Cincinnatus Lions competed in the Section III Class D Championships Friday afternoon at West Canada Valley.
The Cincinnatus boys’ team placed 11th overall out of 17 competing teams, while the Cincinnatus girls’ team placed 10th out of 15 teams.
According to the Section III results, Cincinnatus senior Justice Crane was crowned sectional champion in the high jump event. She recorded a jump of 4’10” in the event.
Here are some highlights from both the Cincinnatus boys’ and girls’ teams:
- Trevor Shevalier finished in 2nd place in the 400 meter hurdles (Time - 1:03.2). He also placed 5th in the high jump event (Result - 5’6”)
- Calib Baker placed 5th in the 200 meter run (Time - 24.74). He also tied for 5th place in the high jump (Result 5’6”)
- Elijah Cree tied for 6th place in the pole vault event (Result - 8’0”)
- Dominick Landers came in 6th place in the discus throw (Result - 99’10”)
- Justice Crane won 1st place in the high jump (Result - 4’10”). She also got 4th place in the discus throw (Result - 78’8”), and placed 5th in the shot put event (Result - 27’7”)
- Madelyn Pittsley placed 6th in the long jump (Result - 15’1.75”)
Varsity Boys Lacrosse: Homer vs. Jamesville-Dewitt
The No.4 seeded Homer Trojans ended their season after losing in the semifinal round of the Section III Class C playoff tournament against top seeded Jamesville-Dewitt Friday night.
The Trojans lost the game with a close score of 9-14.
Note: stats of the game were not made available by the time this article was written.
With this loss, Homer ended their season up with an overall record of 7-11
(Note: Cortland County Coaches send scores & stats for us to use for our recaps. If a team’s game recap was not shown in this article, it’s because scores and stats of their game were not made available to us by the time this article was published).