Recently, the Cortland Community Foundation announced the winning non-profit organizations of their National Philanthropy Day Awards.
Winners were awarded in two separate categories. “Highest Total Dollar Amount Raised” and “Most Individual Donations Received.”
Here is a video of YWCA Executive Director Kelly Tobin on winning first place on “Highest Total Dollar Amount Raised”:
Following are the winners of each category.
Highest Total Dollar Amount Raised:
- 1st Place- $10,000 awarded to the YWCA of Cortland with $70,162.92 in donations received.
- 2nd Place- $4,500 awarded to the Cortland Repertory Theatre with $47,795.98 in donations received.
- 3rd Place- $2,000 awarded to Lime Hollow with 29,615.93 in donations received.
- 4th Place- $1,000 awarded to the YMCA with $24,275.94 in donations received.
Most Individual Donations Received:
- 1st Place- $7,000 awarded to the CNY Living History Center with 112 donations received.
- 2nd Place- $2,250 awarded to the Cortland County Historical Society with 58 donations received.
- 3rd Place- $2,250 awarded to the Cortland United Presbyterian Church with 58 donations received.
- 4th Place- $1,000 awarded to the Cortland Free library with 43 donations received.
According to the Cortland Community Foundation, each year, National Philanthropy Day is a chance for people to make every donation count for more. Also, grants from the Foundation help support capital improvement projects and provide many types of equipment and supplies for these local organizations.