Here are some local high school varsity sports recaps from Thursday’s events:
Varsity Baseball: Cortland vs. Fulton
The Cortland Purple Tigers keep their unbeaten season alive with a 13-0 record after defeating Fulton 3-1.
Cortland’s 3 runs were scored by Andrew Partigianoni, Adam Minnard, and Caden Albright.
Max Gambitta, Ethan Johnson, and Tyler Blake all contributed with an RBI each.
Tyler Blake also threw a total of 13 strikeouts in the game.
Varsity Baseball: Homer vs. Solvay
The Homer Trojans lost a tough game against Solvay on Thursday with a score of 5-13.
Homer’s 5 runs were scored by Jacob Atkins, Joseph Case, Tanner Douglass, Jon Barnes, and Zander Johnson.
Jed Brazo had 2 RBIs, while Richard Lambrecht had 1 RBI.
Homer’s Mitchell Earle threw 5 strikeouts in the game. Both Jacob Atkins and Zander Johnson threw 3 strikeouts each from the mound.
Varsity Baseball: Marathon vs. Moravia
The Marathon Olympians suffered a difficult 1-6 loss against Moravia.
Marathon’s only run of the game came from Timothy Morehouse off an RBI from Jonathan Forrest.
Zachary Birdsall threw a total of 4 strikeouts in the game.
Varsity Girls Lacrosse: Homer vs. CBA
The Homer Lady Trojans defeated CBA (Christian Brothers Academy) in a close 15-10 game.
The Trojans were led offensively by Camryn Calabro (5 goals & 2 assists), Katlyn Sovocool (4 goals & 2 assists), Kloey Roos (4 goals), Annika Roos (1 goal & 1 assist), Jaimee Triolo (1 goal), Lauren Walling (1 assist), and Leeanna Peck (1 goal).
Homer goalie Sarah Sovocool had a total of 6 saves in the game.
Varsity Boys Lacrosse: Homer vs. CBA
The Homer Trojans lost a tough 3-17 game against CBA.
Homer’s only scorers were Jake Calabro (2 goals) and Jared Mathews (1 goal).
Homer goalie Colin Perks recorded 14 saves in the game.
Varsity Boys Tennis: Homer vs. Marcellus
The Homer Varsity Boys Tennis team defeated Marcellus 4-1 on Thursday.
Here is a breakdown of Thursday’s matches:
- First Singles: Homer’s Spencer Rusyniak defeated Marcellus’ Christopher Barbaro (6-2 & 6-0).
- Second Singles: Homer’s Raymond Meng defeated Marcellus’ Matthew Vitale (6-2 & 6-0).
- Third Singles: Homer’s Jake Camp defeated Marcellus’ Tucker Guerina (5-7, 6-3 & 6-0).
- First Doubles: Homer’s Nik Kruman and Conor Powers lost to Marcellus’ AustinVoss M and Tyler Szalach (6-4, 3-6 & 4-6)
- Second Doubles: Homer’s Brandon McLaughlin and Elijah Smith defeated Marcellus’ Dan Fox l and Michael Deveroux (6-2 & 6-2).